1. Credit Card Issuance Bank of Bhutan Ltd. (BOBL) is pleased to inform everyone that the Bank has launched BOBL’s Visa Credit Cards exclusively to Bhutanese citizens, starting 20th August 2012. Avail your BOBL Visa Credit Card facility that can be used locally & internationally. BOBL Visa Credit Card was inaugurated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of Bhutan. BoBL VISA Domestic Credit Cards will be accepted only at Point of Sale terminals. For Online Shopping and POS transaction/purchase BoBL VISA International Credit Cards can be used. 1.1. BOBL Visa Credit Card – Schedule of Fees & Charges
|Sr. No.||Type of fee||Gold Domestic||Gold International||Description|
|1.a||Joining fee – Primary Card||Nu. 2499||Nu. 2499||To be debited from account at the time of delivering the card.|
|1.b||Joining Fee – Add on card||Nu. 999||Nu. 999|
|2.a||Annual fee – Primary Card||Nu. 999||Nu. 999||Annual fee will be levied at the end of 1st year and 2nd year and 3rd year|
|2.b||Annual fee – Add on Card||Nu. 299||Nu. 299|
|3.a||Renewal fee- Primary Card||Nu. 999||Nu. 999||Renewal fee is levied at the end of 3rd year. No Annual Fee for 3rd year, if card is renewed and Renewal Fee is paid.|
|3.b||Renewal fee- Add on Card||Nu. 299||Nu. 299|
|4||Interest on revolving credit facility (p.m)||2.5%||2.5%||Will be levied on the billing day|
|5||Late payment fees (per occasion)||Nu 200 or 0.5% of Outstanding, whichever is higher (Over and above 2.5% regular interest for revolvers)||Will be levied on billing day, if minimum due is not paid in full till due date.|
|6||Over limit charges||Nu 200 or 0.5% of over limit amount, whichever is higher||Will be levied on billing day, if at any point of time the usage – all debits (including opening outstanding) less credits – exceeds the credit limit during the billing period.|
|7||Duplicate statement request||Nu.100||Nu.100||If Duplicate statement is requested for|
|8||Replacement card||Nu.200||Nu.200||Card replacement charges will be levied on any card being replaced.|
|9||Courier Charges||Nu.1000||Nu.1000||Courier charges for outside the country may vary depending on the location of Cardholder|
** Annual Travel Scheme permissible for each individual under RMA Regulation, applicable against BOBL International Dollar Credit Card Description-Courier charges for outside the country may vary depending on the location of Cardholder.
CIB report charge of Nu. 500/-( at the time of issuance of card and subsequently in every renewal of 3 years).
1.2. Documents to be furnished along with applications
- Authenticated by Department/Employer: Latest Salary Slip / Salary Certificate
- For self Employed/Professionals, latest PIT/BIT returns has to be furnished
- One passport size colour photograph
For further information, please contact your nearest branch or email to [email protected] or call at Toll Free Helpline No. 1095 (24 x7 within Bhutan) or Land line at +975-2-349903
2. Debit Card Issuance
2.1. Apply for your Debit Card
If you already have a Savings Bank/Current Account with Bank of Bhutan Limited (BOBL), apply for Visa Domestic Debit Card / Visa International Debit Card / Proprietary Debit Card at your branch that can be used as an alternative payment method to cash or when making purchase at the Merchant.
|Visa Domestic Debit Card Application Form – Letter of Undertaking||Card launched on 15 Jan 2012- Card is valid in Bhutan, India & Nepal- Valid in all BOBL/BFS/Visa accepting ATM/POS Terminals|
|Visa International Debit Card Application Form – Letter of Undertaking||Card launched on 15 Jan 2012- Card is valid outside Bhutan, India & Nepal- Valid in all Visa accepting ATM/POS Terminals|
|Proprietary Debit Card Application Form||Card launched on 17 Dec 2007- Card is valid in Bhutan- Valid in all accepting BOBL /BFS ATM/POS Terminals|
2.3. Documents to be furnished along with Card Application Form
- Copy of Citizenship ID card.
- Letter of consent for extension on existing security( if any)
- If new securities are provided, documents to be furnished as per our mortgage loan by branch( i.e. ownership certificate and repayment source).
- If FDR offered, they have to gibe the FDR receipt/ certificate endorsed and stamped to BoBL with two signatures at the back of FDR receipt/certificate.
|Exchange Rate for 21.02.2017 to 24.02.2017 (kindly note that the above mention rates are only for notes)|