BOBCARD Dos and Don’ts
- Always sign on your card’s authorized signature panel with a ballpoint pen the moment you receive it from BOBL.
- Upon receipt of your card, the card number and the emergency number given on the card need to be noted to enable you to report a loss immediately in case you misplace your card or your card is stolen.
- Keeping a photocopy of the front and back side of the card is recommended with you other than in the wallet so that you won’t’ have to look for the emergency number if you misplace/lose your card.
- Always make note of BOBL’s Toll Free Helping 1095 (24 x 7 within Bhutan) or email firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com or Helpline +975-2-349903 (outside Bhutan) for emergency before you travel abroad.
- Try and memorize the PIN instead of noting it down somewhere.
- Always cross check your A/c Statement with receipts in your possession for purchase and cash withdrawal.
- If returning or handing over the card to the bank, make sure you give it to a bank official and cut it before doing so. This ensures that the card is never used again.
- Keep your card in a safe place where you will immediately know if it is missing.
- Report lost or stolen card immediately. To report your card as lost or stolen, please call Toll Free Helpline 1095 (24 x 7 within Bhutan) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Helpline +975-2-349903 (outside Bhutan).
- Never disclose Personal Identification Number (PIN). Never write your PIN on your card or store it with your card. Memorize your PIN and discard your printed PIN.
- Protect the card’s magnetic stripe. Do not expose your card to magnetic devices.
- Review your account statements frequently, to verify genuineness of transactions.
- Always keep a copy of the bill and the payment slip and ATM receipts for cash withdrawals. Keep them for verification against your monthly statement.
- Block the view of keypads when using ATM.
- Look for fraudulent devices attached to ATM’s Card Reader. If the machine appears to have any attachments or alterations, do not use it and report the problem immediately using the helpline numbers given above or email to email@example.com.
- Be alert. If you find signs of any external fittings or loose wiring at the ATM, report to the Bank and use another ATM.
- Always change the ATM PIN as soon as you receive it. Preferably, change it every quarter.
- Remember to take your card back from ATM/Merchant after completing your transactions.
- Never disclose your ATM PIN to anybody.
- Never carry your Card along with PIN in your Wallet or Purse.
- Do not allow anyone else to use your card and enter your PIN for you.
- Do not give card information over Phone or Internet. This includes your 16-digits card number and PIN. No one needs to know your PIN including bank official.
- Never use a PIN that could be easily guessed, e.g. your birthday or telephone number or car registration number.
- Never write down the PIN on Card or anywhere else – try to memorize it. If you enter the wrong number more than three times, the card gets automatically blocked for that day.
- Do not use your mobile while using the ATM.
- Do not allow others to stand inside the ATM cabin when you do a transaction.
- Do not use poorly lit ATM locations.
- Never leave your card unattended, e.g. in your car, in a hotel room or at work.
- Don’t lend your card to anyone. Be well aware of who has access to your cards. If your credit/debit card is borrowed by a family member (spouse, child, parent), with or without your knowledge, you are responsible for their purchase or cash withdrawal.
- Never disclose the card number unnecessarily.
- Do not give your debit card number over the phone or on the Internet.
- Never leave your card unattended at a shop or restaurant (Merchant).
- When using your card in a merchant establishment, only your signature is needed. Never disclose any other personal details about yourself, be it your address or phone number.
- Never sign an incomplete sales slip. Make sure it is totaled.
For further information, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your nearest branches for details during office hours or call at Toll Free Helpline No. 1095 (within Bhutan) or call at Helpline +975-2-349903 (outside Bhutan).