Bank of Bhutan Ltd. has launched INR Prepaid Cards to Bhutanese Citizens, on 26th September 2016:
- To promote Cashless and electronic payments through a formal channel.
- To offer a cheap and convenient payment mode to Bhutanese citizens travelling to India.
- To offer Card Services to Bhutanese without any bank account.
Benefits at a Glance
- No transaction fees
- Accepted in MasterCard enabled ATM and POS terminals in India
- Manage your Card online
- Create your own Green PIN
- Instant Email alert service for every transaction
|Name of Card||INR Prepaid Card|
|Limit of Card||Rs.50,000/- per month|
|Usage||MasterCard enabled ATM’s and POS terminals in India.|
|Validity||3 years from date of Issue|
|Eligibility||All Bhutanese having Citizenship Identity Card.|
Fees and charges
|One time Issuance fee||Nu.220/- per card|
|Replacement/Renewal fee||Nu.150/- per card|
|Top-Up fee||Nu.100/- per top-up|
|Balance enquiry||Nu.20/- per transaction|
Secured by the latest EMV Standard-Chip and PIN Bank of Bhutan EMV Credit Card comes embedded microchip, which provides additional security against counterfeiting/duplication of the card. It also provides an extra layer of security with Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Whether you’re at home, in the office or traveling, you can always access your Prepaid Card Account quickly and conveniently. Register to the BOBL Customer Self Care Module (Online Prepaid Card details) available here:
- Create your own PIN
- Block the Card, if the card is lost or stolen
- Request for Card Replacement
- View detailed Account Information
- View Settled transaction
- View Unsettle transaction
- Get full account statement
The INR Prepaid card can be processed from all Branch offices of Bank of Bhutan.
|Exchange Rate for 20.01.2017 (kindly note that the above mention rates are only for notes)|