Bank of Bhutan Ltd. is pleased to inform everyone that the Bank is introducing Axis Bank’s Indian Rupee Prepaid Cards exclusively to Bhutanese citizens, starting September 20, 2010. Currently, the service shall be available only in Phuentsholing and Thimphu, but is expected to gradually cover all the branches.
- The card is reloadable card usable only in India.
- The card is valid for 2 years.
- The maximum balance that can be accumulated on the card in Nu. 50,000/-
- The card can be used for withdrawal at all Axis Bank ATMs for free.
- For withdrawal from other bank ATMs would be chargeable @ Nu. 20/-
- Axis Bank Internet Banking facility is available for free.
- Axis Bank Telebanking facility is available.
- The can be used for making purchases at all Visa enabled POS terminals in India.
- The card can also be used for online shopping through Verified by Visa (VBV) facility.
Customer Service: Customers can directly call Axis Bank helpline number or email at the designated email addresses for balance inquiry, blocking the card, etc. Customers can also call BOB helpline numbers or visit BOB branches.
Welcome Kit: A customer would be provided with a welcome kit which contains the following:
- Welcome letter
- Usage Guide
- ATM and other PINs
What are the advantages to the customers?
- Safe and secure mode of carrying money
- No need to manage cash anymore
- Remote reloading by relatives/friends in Bhutan for customers who are already in India