Open Vacancy Announcement
Bank of Bhutan is pleased to announce the vacancy for the post of Director, ICT and Innovation as follows:
|Education Qualification||Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized College/University obtained on a full-time mode. An applicant without a Bachelor’s Degree but possessing a relevant Master’s Degree (full-time) from a recognized University is eligible. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant backgrounds in IT, Research and Innovation.|
|Work Experience||a. Should have completed at least 15 years (that could include a maximum of 18 months for higher studies/sabbatical) in the fields of Business Administration/Banking & Finance/ICT/Research and Innovation in medium to large organizations.|
|b. Should have headed a Division/Department in an organization (preferably banking) for a period of two years at a senior level – P1 and above in the civil service or General Manager position and above in Corporate and Private Sectors.|
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||The CV of candidates should demonstrate the following:
a. Good communication skills including presentation;
b. Strong analytical abilities;
c. A working knowledge of statistics and confidence to make decisions that will affect Bank’s bottom line;
d. Relevance of knowledge and experience in ICT, research and innovation;
e. Ability to lead and manage multiple departments; and
f. Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
|Service Record||Should possess clean service record and not be convicted by the court of law|
|Age||Candidate should not be older than 55 years of age (not born before 1966) on the last working date of receiving the application deadlines|
- Additional Information
|Position||Director – ICT and Innovation|
1. Basic pay : Nu. 75,000.00
2. Contract Allowance : 80% of the Basic Pay
3. Banking Allowance : 30% of the Basic Pay
4. PBVA : 20% of the Basic Pay
|Other Benefits||1. Bonus of 2 months Basic Pay subject to achievement of PMS target – Team Appraisal and Employee Appraisal.
2. Other entitlements: Eligible as per the BoB Service Rule (BoBSR)
|Appointment Status and Tenure||On contract for an initial period of three years with possibility for extension based on performance and need.|
Interested Bhutanese fulfilling the prescribed eligibility may submit their application along with the following mandatory documents in a sealed and signed envelope addressed to the Head, HRMD, People and Culture Department, Corporate Office, Thimphu on or before 24th August, 2021 by 5:00 pm.
- Cover letter expressing interest in the role, and stating clearly why an applicant is appropriate for the job;
- Dully filled BoB Job Application form;
- Curriculum Vitae – The CV should highlight the relevant work experiences, knowledge, skills and other specified criteria for the post;
- A copy of valid Citizenship Identity Card;
- A copy of Academic Transcripts of Bachelor’s degree and others (if applicable);
- A copy of valid Security Clearance Certificate (approved online);
- A copy of BIT/CIT/PIT and CIB report as may be applicable;
- Work Experience Certificate/Letter;
- A copy of Appointment Office Order for division head as may be applicable;
- A copy of Promotion Order to P1 for civil servants and GM for corporate and private sectors;
- A copy of Audit Clearance Certificate from Royal Audit Authority as may be applicable;
- The applicant should submit names of at least two (2) referees with email addresses and contact numbers; and
- The applicant upon selection must submit “No Objection Letter” from the employer, if currently employed.
For Terms of Reference, click the following link
»ToR- Director, ICT and Innovation
For any clarification, HRMD can be contacted at 02-334333 (IP No.: 0047) during office hours (9:00 am to 5 pm) from Monday to Friday.