If you receive any calls (except from BoB Contact Center when you have lodged a concern with them +975 2 349903), SMS and Email asking for personal details such as Account number or ATM Card number, please do not share. Bank of Bhutan will never ask for personal details of clients. It’s all spam.

Notification on ATM Withdrawal Charge

All customers are requested to note that cash withdrawals from other bank’s ATM machines are chargeable @Nu 9/- per withdrawal transaction from the sixth transaction onwards, and is recovered at each month end. This is a common charge across banks and as mandated by the Central Bank.

When you need money in a hurryor during an emergency, trust Bank of Bhutan to extend a helping hand with its Overdraft Loan facility. This is a short term loan and comes with hassle-free documentation and easy fund access.


  • All types of whole sellers and retailers and individual with sufficient collateral security.


60% of total value of stock, book debts and fixed assets may be considered as the permissible limit depending on the past track record and repayment capacity.


CLICK HERE to view the Floating/Prevailing interest rate.


Period of 1 year subject to review/renewal.


  • Application form duly filled in and signed on all the pages (Full Signature).
  • Copy of valid Citizenship Identity (CID) of both the applicant and the guarantor as applicable.
  • One recent Pass Port size photograph of the applicant.
  • Copy of the Quotation/Invoice (for stock purchase).
  • Copy of valid trade license.
  • Copy of tax clearance certificate (not applicable to new business).
  • Copy of stock insurance/ building insurance.
  • Statement of stock & book debts debtors (age wise), sundry creditors as on a recent date (if it is already in operation).
  • Sales and Purchases report for the past 12 months, current and future. (which ever applicable).
  • Income and expenditure/ Profit and Loss and Balance sheet. (if it is already in operation).
  • Ownership certificate(s) of the collateral security offered to bank.
  • Consent letter from the joint owner or co-owner if the collateral provided is in joint and co-ownership.
  • For family owned land, family (household) register issued by Department of Civil Registration and Census, MoHCA and NOC from family members (18 years and above) (if applicable).
  • Valid insurance copy of the collateral securities charged in case of buildings.