Foreign Exchange business is handled by the Bank at its branches which are specifically authorised to transact such business. The Bank operates as an authorised dealer of foreign exchange in Bhutan. The guidelines for handling foreign exchange transactions are provided by the Royal Monetary Authority.
RMA issues rate lists on daily basis of following specified foreign currencies.
- U.S. Dollar
- Pound Sterling
- Japanese Yen
- Swiss Franc
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Canadian Dollar
- Danish Kroner
- Australian Dollar
- Singapore Dollar
- Norwegian Kroner
- Swedish Kroner
The various types of foreign exchange business conducted by the Bank are indicated below:-
- Sales and encashment of foreign currency notes of specified currencies.
- Encashment of Foreign Currency Travellers’ Cheques.
- Sale of U.S. Dollar Travellers’ Cheques.
- Issue and payment of foreign currency Drafts, Mail Transfers and Electronic Transfers (TTs).
- Purchase/negotiation/collection of personal cheques, bills, etc. expressed in foreign currency.
- Establishment of import documentary Letters of Credit.
- Maintenance of Foreign Currency Accounts in U.S. Dollars and EURO only.
- Purchase/negotiation/collection of export documents under documentary Letters of Credit.
- Cater to the export credit requirements of exporters.
For further information, please contact our nearest branch
|Exchange Rate for 07.12.2016 (kindly note that the above mention rates are only for notes)|